Federal Contracting Workshops and Consulting - New Paradigm Management LLC
Get Serious About Government Contracting


Hi Dean,

I just need a little assistance to know what I am doing regarding becoming a vendor for the government. What I have completed so far:

1) Registered with CCR
2) Registered with FBO

I have my DUNS and NAICS codes. Now what do I do next?

11 Comments to Registration:

Comments RSS
Dean on Tuesday, December 27, 2011 11:06 AM
Stephanie, Make sure you've completed ORCA and SBDD. They are only accessible from within the CCR registration site. You can go to my website and look under "Secrets of Contracting" to get a compete description of how to do that. Happy contracting, Dean
Reply to comment

Frances O.... on Wednesday, December 28, 2011 10:42 AM
We have a small interior design/decoration firm. Are there government contracts for what I do? I sell high end home furnishings and offer interior design services as well.
Reply to comment
Dean on Wednesday, December 28, 2011 10:47 AM
Francis your NAICS code is 541410. Go to and put in that NAICS code under keyword search, then click on solicitations, presolicitations and sources sought and press enter. Contracts for "interior design" all over the world will come up.

Gloria Webber on Wednesday, December 28, 2011 11:00 AM
Mr. Ledbetter, My company is registered as an SDB 8(a) and I am getting work using that vehicle. What benefit is there to registering as a WOSB 8(m) or EDWOSB?
Reply to comment
Dean L. on Wednesday, December 28, 2011 11:07 AM
Gloria, as a Woman Owned 8(a) you automatically qualify as an EDWOSB 8(m). The buyers will love you because you offer them two (2) set aside groups and they can pick which one to use that will satisfy their own requirements. Dean

Doris Paulus on Thursday, December 29, 2011 9:19 AM
Mr. Ledbetter, I got caught in one of those endless rabbit holes you talk about. I went to the SBA website trying to register for the WOSB and was sent to some offsite place for women owned business. Can you help? I am disgusted with all the wasted time and efforts. Can you do this for me for a fee. Doris
Reply to comment
Dean Ledbetter on Thursday, December 29, 2011 9:28 AM
Doris, Yes I can, but I would encourage you to try again. Just go to "". All the information is there to download. If you have all your documents ready to upload then on the same page you can find the "General Login" for access to the "Repository". You have to create a new login and password for the "General Login". If you need further help, feel free to call. Dean

Billie S. on Saturday, February 18, 2012 9:34 AM
I put us as a preferred vendor on a Navy project. But it shows me as a self-certified disadvantaged small business. I don't remember doing that. I don't think that is correct. When I engaged that third party to set up my ccr orca etc did they. How do I fix this? This is what it shows: Self-Certified Small Disadvantaged Business, For-Profit Organization, Women-Owned Small Business, Woman-Owned Business, Limited Liability Company, Contracts and Grants Also, how do I correct the name of the company. XXX Consultants, LLC--- I have no comma. How do I remove it Thanks, Billie S.
Reply to comment
Dean L on Saturday, February 18, 2012 9:34 AM
Billie, Thanks for the questions. As a small business almost everyone is classified as disadvantaged. Small business in your category are revenues less then $4.5 Million. I think you qualify. But if you do not want to be in that category then you can go into CCR and uncheck the line that asks if your business is a small disadvantaged business. In order to qualify as EDWOSB, you must be considered disadvantaged (Annual Income less than $350,000, net assets excluding the business and your home less than $750,000 and all assets less then $6 Million.) and almost everyone qualifies. That being said some people don't like the stigma of being seen as disadvantaged. You always have the right to change this if you like, but if you do it changes your socio-economic category. You want to be at the lowest level you can because a business always qualifies for higher categories, but never lower ones. To correct your CCR listing go to, enter your login ID and password. The you are taken to the manage registration page and your listing will be there. Click on Update/Renew and there you can change your legal name, but be careful with this. I have never tested this, but I have been told by the people at PTAC that the business name must match the D&B Listing in every detail, every space, comma and period. If it does not then your CCR listing may be invalidated, with all that means. Perhaps D&B has it wrong. If that is true then the state where you are incorporated may have it wrong as well. If the people at PTAC are correct then to correct this and NOT have it impact the other components the change must be coordinated and done simultaneously with the State, D&B and CCR. Dean Ledbetter

Dean Ledbetter on Sunday, November 04, 2012 8:23 AM
Many people have asked me why I haven’t updated this part of the Forum lately. Of course the answer is I didn’t know what to say, except give the IBM programmers time to works out the bugs. The new System for Award Management (SAM) that the US government has tried to create for registration has been a disaster. The “help desk” was overwhelmed and online help was incompetent consisting of a series of automated messages designed to placate the anxious while doing nothing with their concerns. The new system which integrated CCR, ORCA, and EPLS went live August 1, did not retain existing user names and passwords like was promoted, and gaining access to previously input information took current contractors through a circuitous route which did little more than confuse and confound people. I am still concerned about this system, however, I have noticed that he response time of the help desk is lessened and the personnel better trained.
Reply to comment

Carl L on Friday, August 08, 2014 10:46 AM
My CCR registration has expired and I failed to renew. I understand that I must now register in SAM. What should I do to make this happen?
Reply to comment

Add a Comment

Your Name:
Email Address: (Required)
Make your text bigger, bold, italic and more with HTML tags. We'll show you how.
Post Comment