Dept of State General Construction Contracts
Federal Contracting Workshops and Consulting - New Paradigm Management LLC
Get Serious About Government Contracting

Dept of State General Construction Contracts

The Department of State just released a presolitication announcement that it intends to issue 25 contracts worth $100,000,000 each. Each contract would be for a Five year period. It intends to set aside contracts for Women, for Service Disabled Veterans, for Hub Zone, Small Business and 8(a) companies.

I have been working on this since August of last year and sense a sincere interest on the part of the lead architectural buyer to achieve these set-aside goals; however, if there are not enough from each category to express interest in bidding, then the number of contracts for the designated groups will be reduced.

I am doing everything I can to spread the news of the availability of these contracts via email and my workshops.

6 Comments to Dept of State General Construction Contracts:

Comments RSS
Lisa E...... on Friday, January 20, 2012 4:08 PM
I am interested in these contracts and would like to learn more about them. Where can I go to get that information?
Reply to comment

Dean L on Friday, January 20, 2012 4:11 PM
Lisa, If you go to the General Contractors Workshop page via the email I sent and fill out the form requesting this document. I'll send you..

Julie G. on Sunday, February 05, 2012 9:52 AM
Julie Grant has sent you a message. Date: 2/04/2012 I would greatly appreciate any information you have to share. I work for a small legal business whose clients often request that we write proposals to government agencies for them. I really think my boss would appreciate any data you are willing to share so he can forward it to appropriate clients. Would you be willing to share your information with me please?
Reply to comment

Dean L on Sunday, February 05, 2012 9:54 AM
Julie, I am sending you via attachment the RFP Sources Sought for the 25 $100,000,000 contracts along with a 2012 project list. Hope this helps.

Falcon E. on Wednesday, February 15, 2012 6:02 AM
I se the DOS contracts on your website and I know the response date is Feb 23. I cannot do this alone. I need to have a partner with international experience and bonding capacity to provide surety to the DOS. Two big obstacles for me, where do I turn?
Reply to comment

Dean L. on Wednesday, February 15, 2012 6:07 AM
Falcon, normally I get paid for this advice, but since you asked so directly. The DOS has a list of Prime contractors they work with. Call the OSDBU at DOS and ask and she will send it to you. Then email and phone the list to find out which contractors are open to working with a small business to pursue these set aside contracts. The bonding question is more complex because of the work requirement in the docs. That one I get paid the big bucks for and I am sorry I cannot give the answer away. DIL
Reply to comment