Research Questions
Federal Contracting Workshops and Consulting - New Paradigm Management LLC
Get Serious About Government Contracting

Research Questions

Dean,
 I went to the government research site (https://www.fpds.gov/fpdsng_cms/) and could pull back statistics but could not get to the location where you were in class... Looking up the contracts that had ended.

Patrice

Hi Patrice,
The expiring contracts were on the my database, Patrice. They are available to by direct search on FPDS.gov.

Dean

7 Comments to Research Questions:

Comments RSS
Toby on Wednesday, December 28, 2011 9:45 AM
Dean, We make medical surgical equipment and sell it through our in-house sales force. We have a GSA schedule and are getting lots of small orders. We are interested in getting more government business. How can we do that? Toby
Reply to comment

Dean on Wednesday, December 28, 2011 9:52 AM
Toby, You are asking me to lay our a sales strategy for you. I can do that but I get the feeling you want a do it yourself answer. So the best thing I can say is go to https://www.fpds.gov/ and search for medical surgical equipment. Thousands of expired contracts will come up. You can sort that by date signed and then look at the underlying detail to locate buyers and agencies that buy your product. Copy down the email address of the buyer on the contract. Do a number of those, to start a quick email campaign promoting your products and your company to those that actually buy what you sell.

Affina L. on Saturday, December 31, 2011 9:28 AM
Mr. Ledbetter, I am interested in knowing who in the world is selling my product "keys" to the federal government. And who in the federal goverment is buying them. Can you help? AL
Reply to comment

Dean Ledbetter on Saturday, December 31, 2011 9:33 AM
Affina, That is something we cover indepth at the workshop. It takes me about 20 minutes to explain the process in person. But the key public database that has all that information is www.fpds.gov. To make it short, I would say get to that database, learn to use it and you will have your answer. DIL

C Boxly on Sunday, February 12, 2012 2:04 PM
Mr. Ledbetter, almost all of my business is making parts and hardware for people and companies. I know the government buys a huge quantity of the things I make. How do I sell it to them? Who do I talk to? Charlie
Reply to comment

D Ledbetter on Sunday, February 12, 2012 2:09 PM
Charlie, The agency you need to work with is the Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) they buy $41 Billion in supplies including parts and hardware for their 41 warehouse around the world. Learning how to do business with these guys is a process in itself, but there is a booklet that can guide you. Go to my website and look on the Info You Need page and download the .pdf file from there. If its not there then email or call me and I'll put it back up for you. All my best, DIL
Reply to comment

Charles P on Monday, June 23, 2014 8:50 AM
I am a labor mediator. Are there any opportunities for me?
Reply to comment